With all hosting plans, we offer a “shared” SSL certificate for you to use on your accounts without purchasing your own SSL Certificate. Below, you’ll find the syntax for using the shared certificate:
The certificate will be issued for the server host name that your account resides on. Please refer to the hosting account information email you were sent upon signing up for the server hostname or open a support ticket to get this information. If you are showing any errors, please report these to our support desk as well.
For the above link, you’d replace ~username with the username of the cPanel account in question.
If your account username was “introt” you would use the syntax shown below:
**NOTE: the domain of “ourprivatedomain” does not reflect the actual domain name of the server. If you are unsure of the server hostname, please contact our support department.If the steps above listed in this article do not resolve your issue, please feel free to open a support ticket and we’d be happy to take a look.
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.