In this article we will show you how to change the database engine of a MySQL database table.
A database engine is the fundamental software component of a Database Management System. A database engine is composed of the core building blocks on which a DBMS operates. It allows a DBMS to create, read, update and delete data from a database.
1. Login to cPanel and open phpMyAdmin.
2. Select the database table from the left hand column whose storage engine need to be changed.
3. Click on the Operations tab.
4. Under Table options, you would find a drop down called Storage Engine.
5. Select the Storage Engine of your choice.
6. when you are done, click on GO.
How to change the database engine of a MySQL database table?
Login into cPanel , locate and open phpMyAdmin.
From phpMyAdmin, select the database table you wish to edit from the left side and select operations.
Now select the storage engine of your choice from the drop down.
When ready, click on Go to save the changes.
Also, we do have a second method. You could simply run the following SQL query on SQL tab after selecting the desired database from phpMyAdmin.
ALTER TABLE `table_name` ENGINE = MYISAM
After the execution of this query the database engine of the selected database will be changed to MYISAM.
Done! You have successfully changed the storage engine for the table.
We believe your website will be faster with VeeroTech. Try us and see with a free migration and 30 day trial. use promo code freetrial at checkout.