In this article we will show you how to change the database engine of a MySQL database table.
A database engine is the fundamental software component of a Database Management System. A database engine is composed of the core building blocks on which a DBMS operates. It allows a DBMS to create, read, update and delete data from a database.
1. Login to cPanel and open phpMyAdmin.
2. Select the database table from the left hand column whose storage engine need to be changed.
3. Click on the Operations tab.
4. Under Table options, you would find a drop down called Storage Engine.
5. Select the Storage Engine of your choice.
6. when you are done, click on GO.
How to change the database engine of a MySQL database table?
Login into cPanel , locate and open phpMyAdmin.
From phpMyAdmin, select the database table you wish to edit from the left side and select operations.
Now select the storage engine of your choice from the drop down.
When ready, click on Go to save the changes.
Also, we do have a second method. You could simply run the following SQL query on SQL tab after selecting the desired database from phpMyAdmin.
ALTER TABLE `table_name` ENGINE = MYISAM
After the execution of this query the database engine of the selected database will be changed to MYISAM.
Done! You have successfully changed the storage engine for the table.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. How can we make this better?
If the steps above listed in this article do not resolve your issue, please feel free to open a support ticket and we’d be happy to take a look.
Looking for better web hosting? Sign up today and take 50% off your first month with promo code: 1stmonth50
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.