In this article, we will show you how to delete database tables using phpMyAdmin.
phpMyAdmin is a free and opensource application for MySQL database management. It is one of the most popular web-based MySQL management tools for web hosting services. Written in PHP, phpMyAdmin gives users the ability to interact with their MySQL databases.
Note: Deleting or dropping tables from a database will permanently remove all the data stored in that table. Make sure to check if you need the data for any applications/websites before dropping the table.
- Login to cPanel and open up phpMyAdmin.
- Select the database that contains the table you wish to drop from the list shown in the left hand column.
- Locate the table you want to drop from the list shown in the right hand panel and click on Drop to delete the table.
- You will receive a warning popup. Click on OK to drop the table.
Dropping a Database Table
Go to cPanel > Databases and open phpMyAdmin.
Once you are in the phpMyAdmin tool, Select the database that contains the table you wish to drop from the list shown in the left hand column.
After selecting the database, locate the table you want to drop from the list shown in the right hand panel and click on Drop to delete the table.
phpMyAdmin will ask you to confirm the deletion request. Click on OK to delete the table.
Note: Foreign key checks specifies whether or not to check foreign key constraints for InnoDB tables.
The table has been deleted from the database, including everything that used to be in it.
Congrats! Now you know how to drop a database table using phpMyAdmin.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!
If the steps above listed in this article do not resolve your issue, please feel free to open a support ticket and we’d be happy to take a look. Looking for better web hosting? Sign up today and take 50% off your first month with promo code: 1stmonth50
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.