In this guide, we will walk you through the steps required to recover/reset Admin User Password for NextCloud
Method 1: Use the password reset link on the login screen.
The reset link will only appear after a failed login attempt and works only if you have entered your email address on your Personal page in the Nextcloud Web interface so that the Nextcloud server can email a reset link to you.
Method 2: Using the occ command.
Step 1: Log in to shell access using cPanel >> terminal for the account
Step 2: Locate the path for ‘occ’ file and make the file execution permission
chmod 755 occ or chmod +x occ
Step 3: List user for NextCloud
Step 4: Reset the user password
Congratulations! You have learned how to reset Admin User Password for NextCloud.
If the steps above listed in this article do not resolve your issue, please feel free to open a support ticket and we’d be happy to take a look.
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable, and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high-quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.