In this article, we’ll show you how to rename database tables using phpMyAdmin.
phpMyAdmin is a free and opensource applications for MySQL database management. It is one of the most popular web-based MySQL management tools for web hosting services. Written in PHP, phpMyAdmin gives users the ability to interact with their MySQL databases.
- Login to cPanel and open up phpMyAdmin.
- Select the database table you wish to rename from the list shown in the left hand column.
- Select the table and click on the Operations tab.
- Scroll down to the box titled Table Options.
- Enter the new name for the table on where it says Rename table to.
- When you are done, click on Go.
Renaming Database Tables
Go to cPanel > Databases and open phpMyAdmin.
Once inside, select the database table you wish to rename from the left hand column and then click on Operations.
Scroll down to Table options, enter the new name for your table in the box titled Rename table to and when you’re ready click Go.
Done! You’ve successfully renamed the database table using phpMyAdmin.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!
If the steps above listed in this article do not resolve your issue, please feel free to open a support ticket and we’d be happy to take a look. Looking for better web hosting? Sign up today and take 50% off your first month with promo code: 1stmonth50
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.