- We create a backup of your account.
- We then copy the backup to our servers.
- At this stage, you will be required to change the nameservers.
- All done, once DNS is resolving to our servers, your website migration is done.
Included with each shared web hosting account purchased from VeeroTech Systems, LLC, we also will perform a web hosting account migration from your previous hosting provider.
cPanel Migration Process
If your previous hosting provider is using cPanel, the migration process is simple:
- We create a backup of your cPanel account
- We then copy the backup over to our server
- Once copied, we issue a few commands to restore the account
- Instruct you to update your DNS Nameservers to resolve to our servers
- Once restored, we begin checking for any errors on the account
During & shortly after a migration of a hosting account, there’s the possibility for errors to come up on some websites – this is mainly due to the differences between our servers and your previous hosting providers servers. Typically, when an error is discovered, we can resolve them quickly. Some of the most common reasons for errors during/after a migration are:
- Older versions of PHP
- File permissions are not correct
- .htaccess rules
- custom php.ini files
We make all attempts for the migration process to go as smooth as possible however, it’s not always easy to predict what errors might display. This is largely due to the increasing number of website applications that resolve via DNS using the full site URL before they’ll work properly.
Non-cPanel Migration Process
Web hosting accounts that do not use cPanel can still be migrated however, these types of accounts using proprietary control panels require a little more work. We would typically download all of the files using FTP, then upload them to your new hosting account with us. The same steps would be used for exporting & importing any databases as well.
Depending on what access you have on the old hosting account, we sometimes cannot retrieve emails directly from the server – this means you would have to download your mailbox using an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird. While our migration technicians are evaluating your hosting account and prepping for the migration, we’ll let you know what we can & cannot get from the old hosting account.
Our technicians make all attempts to make the web hosting account migration process seamless however, there are many unknown factors when migrating to a new server. Many of these issues can be resolved in a short period of time once our technicians are aware of them.
If the steps above listed in this article do not resolve your issue, please feel free to open a support ticket and we’d be happy to take a look.
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable, and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high-quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.