In some instances a dedicated IP, often referred to as a “static IP” may be required. We offer various options for dedicated IP addresses.
In order to obtain a dedicated IP address, you must place an order from the URL below . Upon ordering, complete the required fields (if applicable) in addition to the justification of use field describing the requirement & intended use of the IP address space.
Note that a dedicated IP will require justification of use. There might be cases wherein a dedicated IP is not required — for example, it is often misquoted that Google and other search engines prefer sites with dedicated IP in search ranks. It is well known by now that dedicated IPs do not have an impact on search engine algorithms.
However, there are many instances where you might need a dedicated IP. If you have financial transactions originating to or from your site, a dedicated IP is a good thing to have as it ensures your website does not share its IP with any below par site.
It is also worth mentioning that all modern web browsers can recognize and read SSL certificates without a dedicated IP.
If the steps above listed in this article do not resolve your issue, please feel free to open a support ticket and we’d be happy to take a look.
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable, and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high-quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.