KVM VPS’s (virtual private server) are our standard “VPS” product line. Virtual servers act similar to a physical server without the high costs of physical hardware. We offer both managed & self managed virtual servers. Managed virtual servers include the following & function to that of a reseller account, but with dedicated resources, further customization & an isolated environment.
- KVM Virtualization
- Fully Managed
- Secured (firewall installed & configured
- Billing software
- Daily backups
- Softaculous Auto Installer
- AntiVirus Scanner
As you can see, a managed VPS would be the best solution for those who don’t want to manage a server, or do not have the expertise to do so. A self managed server is just a KVM VPS with a bare operating system.
Do I need a VPS?
This is a question we get a lot, and there are many factors at hand. For the majority of internet users & hosting customers, stndard shared or reseller hosting if suffient. If your websites are high traffic sites & utilize a higher than normal amount of bandwidth, memory or CPU, then a VPS would be a good solution for you.
How long does it take to build a managed VPS?
Our managed VPS’s are generally provided fully configured, ready for production within 24 hours. Sometimes, depending on the amount of servers we have to build, it could take slightly longer. When we provision a new managed VPS, we perform the following tasks:
- Initial server provisioning
- Installation of cPanel/WHM
- Optimization/Tuning of cPanel/WHM
- PHP & Apache (or Litespeed) configuration
- PHP/Apache/LiteSpeed modules installation (snmpd, GD Library etc)
- Firewall installation
- Firewall configuration
- Idera R1Soft installation
- Idera R1Soft configuration
- Idera R1Soft backup test
- Idera R1Soft policy configuration
- Idera R1Soft mySQL configuration & testing
- Server hardening (security)
- Website testing (we test multiple in-house websites to ensure the server is working as intended)
- Server finalization verification
As you can see, we perform a number of tasks before handing over your server for use. We do this because we want your server to be ready for your websites and not having to worry about certain things not working properly once your websites are live. There will however, be some tweaking that may need to be done once your websites are operating on the server as we configure the server with “optimal” standard configurations. The end service is a virtual server that has been properly configured, tested & backed by a team of qualified professionals.If the steps above listed in this article do not resolve your issue, please feel free to open a support ticket and we’d be happy to take a look.
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.