- Click Select PHP Version in cPanel under Software/Services menu.
- Select the required version of PHP and click Make Current.
- Click Save.
- You may optionally choose to enable or disable selected PHP modules.
Depending on when your website, themes or plugins were coded/designed, you may need to use an older version of PHP. On our shared & reseller servers, we offer the option to change the PHP version on your hosting account. To do this, you will need to follow the steps below for switching the version. For resellers who wish to do this on resold sub-accounts, you will need to perform the steps below on each account you’d like to change & locate the php selector.
From inside of cPanel, navigate to “Software/Services” then click “Select PHP Version”
From there, you will see the drop down menu to select the version. Choose your version, then click “Set as current”.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Save”.
You have now changed the PHP version your hosting account will use. If at any time, you see any error messages, please open a support ticket for our technicians to investigate.
Adjustable PHP Settings
You can also change certain PHP settings when an alternate PHP version is selected. You can choose these by using the link shown below, from the version selection page:
To change any of the settings shown, simply click on the light grey text to change the value, as shown below:
If you are trying to increase the upload_max_filesize variable, you will need to increase the value of post_max_size variable also to the same value that of upload_max_filesize in order to increase the upload size correctly in some cases.If the steps above listed in this article do not resolve your issue, please feel free to open a support ticket and we’d be happy to take a look.
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.