- Click Select PHP Version in cPanel under the Software section.
- Select the required version of PHP from the drop-down and click Set as current.
- You may optionally choose to enable or disable selected PHP modules.
Depending on when your website, themes, or plugins were coded/designed, you may need to use an older version of PHP. On our shared & reseller servers, we offer the option to change the PHP version on your hosting account. To do this, you will need to follow the steps below for switching the version. For resellers who wish to do this on resold sub-accounts, you will need to perform the steps below on each account you’d like to change & locate the PHP selector.
From inside of cPanel, navigate to Software then click Select PHP Version
From there, you will see the drop-down menu to select the version. Choose your version, then click “Set as current”.
You have now changed the PHP version your hosting account will use. If you see any error messages, please open a support ticket for our technicians to investigate.
Adjustable PHP Settings
You can also change certain PHP settings when an alternate PHP version is selected. You can choose these by using the steps shown below, from the PHP version selection page itself:
To change any of the settings shown, simply click on the text/drop-down to change its value, as shown below:
If you are trying to increase the upload_max_filesize variable, you will need to increase the value of post_max_size variable also to the same value that of upload_max_filesize in order to increase the upload size correctly in some cases.
If you have any web hosting questions please feel free to reach out to us. We're happy to help.
Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed WordPress Hosting | Fully Managed VPS Hosting
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable, and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high-quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.