JetBackup is a popular backup application used with cPanel/WHM for backing up cPanel accounts. Our FTP & SSH storage is fully compatible with JetBackup as a storage destination.
Note: In order to use JetBackup, you must have root level access to your server. If you have a Managed VPS with VeeroTech and would like to use JetBackup, please contact our sales dept.
If you’re familiar with setting up JetBackup already, below are the quick settings to enter:
- Remote Host: hostname we provided (yourinfo.mystorageserver.com)
- Port: 2246 (note that we use port 2246 on storage servers)
- Remote Username: username provided
- Remote Password: password provided (or that you changed, which we recommend)
After you’ve gotten your storage account, you’ll need to add a new destination within the JetBackup Destination settings. First, you’ll click “+Create New Destination” as shown below.
You’ll want to choose the following settings:
- Destination Type: Choose “SSH”
- Destination Name: Create a name (we chose VeeroTech SSH Storage)
- Choose Backup Engine: JetBackup – leave the default setting
- Backup Directory: ./backups (we added the “backups” to the default)
- Free Disk Limit: Leave default
- Remote Host: (your hostname provided with our storage “yourinfo.mystorageserver.com”)
- Port: 2246
- Remote Username: your storage username
- Authentication Type: leave default to password
- Remote Password: your storage password
- Connection Timeout: leave default
- Rsync Bandwidth Limit: leave default
- Rsync Prefer IPv4/IPv6: leave default
After you’ve completed all of the above fields, click the “Apply” button at the bottom. After, you’ll get a notification on the screen that the JetBackup destination was created. If you get an error, please be sure to review the settings in the previous steps.
After you’ve clicked “Apply” and the destination was created successfully, you should now see the directory specified within your cPanel SSH Storage hosting account. Below shows the directory “backups” which we specified in the above steps.
From the menu on the left side of JetBackup, click “Destinations”:
When on the Destinations screen within JetBackup, you can also perform the following actions:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
If the steps above listed in this article do not resolve your issue, please feel free to open a support ticket and we’d be happy to take a look. Looking for better web hosting? Sign up today and take 50% off your first month with promo code: 1stmonth50
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.