In this KB article we will cover information relating to domain transfers. There are a few requirements that must be met before a domain can be transferred to us:
- – The domain must be unlocked at your current registrar
- – WHOIS privacy must either be removed or properly forwarding email to a valid email
- – The domain must be at lease 60 days old before it can be transferred
If the above requirements are not met for a domain, the transfer will fail. Generally, to avoid delays in transfers, we recommend that any WHOIS privacy is disabled. We typically find that many other hosting providers, especially large hosting providers do not always forward the domain transfer approval emails.
Domain Transfer Time Frames
When a domain transfer to VeeroTech is initiated, we will send a request to your current registrar to release the domain. During this process, the email address listed as the registrant on the domain will receive and approval email in most cases containing a link to approve the transfer.
Once the approval link has been clicked & approved, the current registrar should then release the domain. The process still depends on the above 3 requirements for the domain being transferred.
Note: VeeroTech has no control over how quickly the current registrar releases your domain(s). This process can take anywhere from a few hours & up to a week that we’ve seen in the past. We are only provided with updates on the process IF the domain is successfully transferred OR the domain transfer fails/is rejected. In the event the transfer fails, we will notify you with the reason and/or error code.
Domain Transfer Status/Failure Code Information
Domain registration period NOT extended after transfer
If you recently renewed your domain, please wait 46 days after the month and date shown on the domain’s expiry date. Otherwise, a year will not be added to the expiry date but you will still be charged a transfer fee.
This policy applies to domains that were recently renewed prior to transfer, expired and then renewed OR otherwise had an expiry date within the time frame listed.
https://help.enom.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001221832-Incoming-Transfers-FAQ#renewedIf the steps above listed in this article do not resolve your issue, please feel free to open a support ticket and we’d be happy to take a look.
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.