When using and FTP client, such as FileZilla, it is recommended to only connect securely with FTPS. Learn how to do so in the following guide.
Step: 1. Open Site Manager in FileZilla
Step 2. In the Protocol dropdown choose “FTP – File Transfer Protocol”
Step 3. In the Encryption dropdown choose “Require explicit FTP over TLS”
Step 4. Click OK to close the Site Manager
We recommend using FTPS & FileZilla with explicit FTP over TLS for connecting via FTP. Please note, if your FTP client attempts to use SFTP (SSH) our firewalls will block your IP address unless you’ve previous had us enable SSH & you’re using the correct port.
You’ll want to open FileZilla & locate the “Site Manager” option as shown below.
After clicking where shown above, the “Site Manager” will open. You’ll want to configure the settings similar to what’s shown below.
Once you’ve verified the correct information has been entered, you can click “Connect”. If the settings are correctly configured, you’ll now be connecting over FTPS.
If the steps above listed in this article do not resolve your issue, please feel free to open a support ticket and we’d be happy to take a look.
Learn more about our Guiding Principles.If the steps above listed in this article do not resolve your issue, please feel free to open a support ticket and we’d be happy to take a look.
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.