The error code of “Invalid Auth/EPP code – Please contact current registrar to obtain correct key” is a fairly simple status. This means that the EPP code provided is not correct. We recommend that you verify the proper EPP code was provided in order to ensure the transfer is successful.
To obtain the EPP code, you would need to reach out to your current registrar to get your EPP code for the domain in question. If a transfer fails with this error, you can simply provide us with a new and/or correct EPP code to initiate the transfer again.
Depending on the domain extension, not all domains require an EPP code. Generally with a .UK domain extension, the IPS Tag should be updated on the domain before the transfer can proceed. In this case, the IPS tag would need to be updated to ENOM.
If the steps above listed in this article do not resolve your issue, please feel free to open a support ticket and we’d be happy to take a look.
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable, and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high-quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.