This tutorial will explain how to create a MySQL database user in cPanel. Once created, you’ll want to assign it to a database.
- Log into cPanel & locate the MySQL Databases icon
- Scroll down and locate the MySQL Users heading
- Enter a username in the field provided
- Enter a password twice into the provided fields (or use the generator)
- Click “Create User“
- To delete a user, go to the section “Current Users” and the click “Delete“
To create a MySQL database you’ll need to locate and click the “MySQL® Databases” icon.
Create MySQL User
After you have clicked the MySQL® Databases icon, go to the “MySQL Users” section as shown below:
Enter the username you wish to add in the username field and create or generate a password. After that click on the “Create User” button. Now the database user has created successfully and you’ll see a screen similar to that of shown below.
Scroll down to the “Add User To Database” section to assign a user and grant permissions to a MySQL database. Then choose the specific user from the drop-down list and the corresponding database you wish to allow the user access to. When ready click “Add“.
Select the privileges you want the user to have or select “All Privileges” to give them all and then click “Make Changes“.
Delete MySQL User
To delete a MySQL user, simply click the delete icon listed next to the user you want to delete. You also have the option to reset a user password or completely rename the MySQL user account.
You can add, modify, and delete databases and users, as well as manage user database permissions.If the steps above listed in this article do not resolve your issue, please feel free to open a support ticket and we’d be happy to take a look.
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.